I have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join a well established company based in Coalville on a full-time, permanent basis.
- First- and second-line IT support for office & remote workers including Windows 7, Office 2010, various hardware as well as several internal systems
- Management of issues via ticket system, and escalation to IT team in Germany or external companies as required
- Administration of IT systems, including UK customer & product databases, pricing systems, telephone system and Active Directory
- Creating or updating Excel reports for other departments based on data from various systems
- Supporting fleet of mobile telephones & tablets, including installation of company's Mobile Device Management on new devices
- Conducting short training sessions with other users as required
- Hardware installations and network cabling in support of office layout changes
- To learn the roles of each department within the business and their needs & processes within the IT systems
- To assist with projects and roll-outs of new hardware & software as required
- To integrate well with the IT team for effective sharing of knowledge and ongoing issues
- Good knowledge and experience of IT in general
- Systematic and methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work accurately
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive with a strong desire to learn and build on new skills
- Ability to prioritise workload based on expected business impact
- Calm under pressure and patient when supporting others
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of databases beneficial, e.g. relationships, structure, queries
- Experience with Windows and the Office suite, particularly Excel, essential
- Experience of IBM AS/400 and/or SAP systems beneficial
If you would like to apply for this role please email or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.