Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
I'm looking for an experienced intermediate Quantity Surveyor with experience in the Demolition market to join my client, a well-known and leading subcontractor on a temporary basis based in a Central London. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, commercially astute and keen to progress through the business to the next level.
If this sounds like something which would interest you, or anyone you know in the market, please get in contact!
Location: Central London
Roles and responsibilities:
* Be responsible for initiating and leading tasks/processes
* Pricing up and management of utility packages and new resource across the site offices
* Be responsible for planning and managing own work, and that of other commercial team members
* Ensure that the contractor's commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
* Liaise with the client, PQS and Senior staff
* You are expected to manage and provide development/support to other commercial team members
* Reporting to the Commercial Manager
* Estimate from first princripal
* Move into a Commercial Management role and manage a team of QS
Benefits for you:
* Competitive rates
* The opportunity to work for a well-known contractor
* The chance to work on a major UK project
* A great location, which is easy to get to
* A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
* Experience working with a subcontractor in the frames and groundworks market
* Working knowledge of NEC/JCT
* Have a very good work ethic and be willing to work hard
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact George at Barker Ross Recruitment on 02037577048 or 07432157726
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.