Information Governance and Data Protection Officer - London, N1
Barker Ross are recruiting for an Information Governance and Data Protection Officer to work on a temporary basis.
The role will be full time. Start date is 19/11/2018, end date 19/04/2019.
Rate of pay - £17.91 - £18.85 phr
A current DBS is needed for the role due to working within Housing and Adult social services.
Primary Job Function
To coordinate information requests received into the department in line with relevant legislation and oversee compliance in this area. Ensure that information is released in line with Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation.
To be the departmental lead for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and deliver the department's GDPR project plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To manage the effective operation of the council's Access to Information function (Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations, Data Protection Act and Information Complaints).
· To log, allocate, chase and escalate (where necessary) requests for information and complaints in accordance with the council's Access to Information Policy and statutory timescales.
· Form good working relationships with all levels of the department, to facilitate their cooperative response to requests for information.
· To manage requests for personal data, specifically those arising from the Data Protection Act 2018, line with the Council's statutory obligations.
· To produce weekly and monthly compliance reports on Access to Information requests.
· The post will handle and access highly sensitive data about members of the public requested under the DPA. The post holder will need to champion secure handling processing of highly sensitive personal data.
· To gain an indepth understanding of the GDPR legislation and be the first point of contact for departmental queries.
· To work with stakeholders across the department to deliver the GDPR project plan.
If you are interested in the Information Governance and Data Protection Officer role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.