Industrial Machine Fitter/Assembler £25K - £30K dependant on experience (this would equate to £13.14 per hour - £18.39 per hour)
Day Shifts week days only
2 roles available temporary contract and also a permanent position
The principal role of the Industrial Machine Fitter is to assemble mechanical products to ensure on time, on budget delivery to a standard of excellence.
Key Responsibilities and KPI's
1. Assemble mechanical products in accordance with photographs (some drawings), specifications and assembly procedures.
2. Set up and maintain tidy, clean and organised working areas as required
3. Make modifications in conjunction with the design team, during build to facilitate the customer's requirements. This is especially relevant with regard to new machine designs.
4. Manufacture and fabricate bespoke parts in our machine shop when required.
5. Use build sheets to ensure times and processes of build are adhered to making notes as required.
6. Raise ECR's accordingly when designs have errors and in line with the Shop Floor Manager's instructions / quality assurance system.
7. Use the Factory Master Data Capture to record time worked on each job.
8. Work to deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining a high standard. Work overtime if considered necessary.
9. Participate in continual improvements for safety and throughout.
10. Monitor quality and ensure that all areas meet Ridgway standards and are in line with quality assurance sheets.
11. Work with the installation and commissioning engineers including assisting with site installations/service visit as and when required.
12. Consider health and safety at all times for both yourself and others especially when using machine tools, hand tools and lifting/handling equipment.
· Proven track record in mechanical fitting and assembly.
· Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
· Excellent problem solver, innovative and creative thinker.
· Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
· Ability to work on a variety of projects of varying duration.
· Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
· A commercial mind-set that understands the true meaning of customer service. In depth client/supplier facing experience essential.
· Familiar with quality within projects ideally worked with ISO standards.
· Understanding of Health and Safety within projects.
· Proven track record of working under pressure to deliver quality work at pace.
· Ability to think strategically, capitalising on project opportunities.
· Occasional travel UK/International, full clean driving licence and International passport required.
Broad fitting and/or assembly engineering background ideally gained in special purpose machinery, turnkey engineering solutions or bespoke engineering machinery.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.