Our client is one of the largest providers of support services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Income Officer - Twickenham, 2-3 months, 37.5 hours per week, £22,000kpa
Responsible for the income management of services with a focus on the housing and income management of various accommodation options in our portfolio for single homeless people who have slept rough or at risk of sleeping rough.
Working as a part of the Finance team you will be responsible for effectively managing a caseload of rental agreements and maximizing rental income for the association, whilst providing a first class customer focused service.
The role is responsible for the Income management of the property portfolio, including financial management.
- Income recognition and administration
The purpose of this service is to ensure that we collect all the income due from housing benefit and individual contributions from our clients.
- Resource Management
To be responsible for the co-ordination of income from HB, rents and service charges across the SPEAR properties along with working with team leaders and managers to ensure effective income generation. Operating as a central contact for Housing benefit departments at local authority will also contribute heavily to this role.
- Organisational Responsibilities
To be responsible for contributing to the running of integrated services for homeless people
- Working with service users from the start of a tenancy to prevent debt from occurring, including assisting with form filling and communicating with external agencies.
- Take a lead on calculating housing benefit income and work alongside the Financial Controller for timely recovery
- Work alongside property managers to recognise and calculate housing benefit income
- Lead on all resident and local authority correspondence and communication
- Managing the recovery of rent arrears and other debts from service users with the assistance of frontline staff.
- Participate in staff management and support systems in line with policies and procedures
The emphasis on this role centres on the company database and dealing with housing benefit income, liaising with operational colleagues on arrears actions etc
- Understanding of the causes of homelessness and the pathways out of homelessness
- Excellent administrative, recording and reporting skills
- Solid IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email, and the ability to learn how to use new IT applications. Proficiency in Excel is a must. Knowledge of quick books is desirable
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to act as a point of contact with both internal colleagues and external agencies
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- An understanding of equal opportunities and how it can be applied within SPEAR
- An understanding of Health and Safety and an ability to manage the associated requirements practically and professionall
- Effective time and workload management
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.