I am currently recruiting for a global renoud manufacturing company within the west midlands, my client is keent to recruit a HSE manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels.
The role is a member of the Senior Management and is accountable for the implementation of UK policies and supporting the introduction of PCC Global Policies.
- Will be the Plant's lead competent person for health and safety
- Accountable for managing and implementing risk reduction initiatives
- Will work with departmental managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organisation
- Responsible for ensuring the Plant is compliant with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision, and corporate standards
- Responsible for all aspects of Environmental Management
- Responsible for management of UK Operational, compliance and HSE training
- Will monitor, develop and evaluate health and safety policies and practices, make recommendations and implement new policies as required
- Will advise the Plant Management and Senior Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation
- Will assist managers implement health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a consistent and effective manner.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Risk Assessments & Process Hazard Assessments
- Will provide information & advice on relevant Permit to Work & Lock off systems
- Will investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- Responsible for ensuring registers of accident reports are updated and maintained
- Will develop and review accident and near miss events investigation process
- Responsible for completing reports for the HSE, Insurance companies & Environmental Agency
- Responsibility for the hosting of site audits from HSE, EA, Insurance companies and customer audits
- Will assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required
- Must carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements
- Proactively developing processes which actively reduce waste management costs
- Responsible for Employee's liability Claim Management including responding to Insurance Company and Solicitors requests for information in the defence of Employer Liability and Common Law Claims.
- Responsible for the management of the Pollution Prevention Control (Environmental) permit ensuring compliance with regulatory licenses and permit authorization.
- Management of the MCERTS management system and its effective implementation to ensure that the site's MCERTS certification is maintained.
- Will assist in the management of Fire Risk Management
- Provide relevant H&S statistics and information for UK/European reports and Senior Managers meetings
- Working alongside HSE & Insurance auditors to ensure regulatory & standards are implemented & adhered to
- Overall responsibility and accountability of UK Operational, compliance and HSE training to ensure adherence to ISO and any other customer accreditations
- Will coordinate HSE communications with partner businesses
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and IEMA Certificate
- Environmental Diploma advantageous
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.