Our client is one of the largest providers of support services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: HR Officer - Twickenham, 37.5 hours per week. £28,000pa, 2-3 months
Reporting to the HR Manager, the overall purpose of this role is to provide a proactive and generalist HR service and advice across the organisation.
- HR Database and Reporting
- Act as first point of contact for the HR Database (Breathe HR)
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the HR database, ensuring that records are kept fully up to date and system changes are correctly implemented.
- To be responsible for the troubleshooting of issues escalating them where appropriate.
- Produce reports on a range of issues, to include sickness/absence management, staff turnover and employee life cycle data.
- Assist in ensuring that managers and staff are fully trained on all relevant elements of the HR Database.
- Employee Relations
- Provide HR advice and guidance to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, absence / attendance management, maternity, paternity, flexible working requests, probationary periods, remuneration and benefits.
- Produce all employment related correspondence for employees, ensuring all employee changes are fully documented and that electronic and paper based files are maintained in line with the guidance on general data protection legislation and internal protocols.
- To be responsible for monitoring sickness absence records and flagging any concerns with managers.
- Support the HR Manager with employee relations cases as required including Bullying and Harassment, Conduct, Performance Management, and Sickness absence in line with Policies, Employment Law and best practice.
- Support the HR Manager with note taking at investigation and formal disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Recruitment and Selection
- To advise managers on recruitment and selection issues, including the development of job descriptions, person specifications, the job evaluation process and the selection processes.
- Assist managers in the preparation and writing of job descriptions and ensure accurate version control of all job descriptions across the Charity.
- Work on a one-to-one basis to advise recruiting managers to operate objectively, using evidence based criteria and working within legal parameters.
- Manage recruitment logistics, e.g. advertising, application management, candidate correspondence, liaising with recruiting managers, and overseeing approval documentation.
- At least 2 years experience of providing a confident HR advisory service to managers and employees covering generalist activity
- Experience of writing formal HR meeting notes
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities and Personal Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts to inspire trust and confidence
- A 'can do' outcome focused attitude and approach, resourceful and works to make things happen taking others along with them
- Highly organised with the ability to handle conflicting demands through to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with HR issues, especially when handling sensitive situations and information
- A confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to all levels of staff and build strong working relationships
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.