As the sole HR professional, you will be required to provide a full HR service to the business.
The role has a focus on operations but you will also need to step in and strategically lead as and when required.
You will guide and manage the overall provision of HR and associated policies and oversee execution of the performance management system throughout the business.
This will include supporting Departmental Managers with recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, development, absence management, performance management and disciplinary procedures, whilst ensuring compliance with employment law and all other regulatory bodies.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills. .
- Demonstrable capacity to innovate in the development of HR systems
- Strong personal integrity and ethical standards
- Confident dealing with and ability to communicate to all levels of a business (including directors) and build relationships across the business.
- Team player
- Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and prioritise conflicting demands, pressures and to manage time effectively.
- Work effectively with Professional 3rd party support such as employment lawyers
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of compensation and benefits is an advantage.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate contractual documentation is issued to all employees and that the correct checks are carried out for new starters according to company procedures.
- Ensuring company compliance with all polices in-line with current legislation and best practice (including GDPR). Reviews of these and new policies to be created as required in conjunction with changes in employment law.
- Manage relationships with Employment Agencies and support Managers through the recruitment process from creation of a job spec, selecting an appropriate agency, interviewing techniques and role selection.
- Manage benefits and rewards across the business, reviewing the usage of current schemes and engaging staff for maximum value.
- Manage disciplinary, grievance and absence matters in accordance to company policies with departmental managers.
- Provide oversight and advice to work with the departmental managers
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.