Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Housing Support Worker - Richmond, 6 months, 37.5 hours per week, £11.28ph
Responsible for delivering housing related support to clients over the age of 60 years old in the borough of Richmond. The role requires an individual who will be able to assess each resident and their property by conducting health and safety checks and property risk assessments. This role will also involve working with the project manager to develop communication plans to build relationships with future residents to assess any support needs or other requirements needed. We are looking for somebody with strong health and safety and property maintenance experience and excellent record keeping, as well as someone looking for a challenge.
- Be responsible for the arrangement and recording of weekly visits to residents
- To be flexible and to provide support to residents where identified - working to build firm relationships with each resident to get the best possible engagement
- Manage health and safety checks and assessments for each QHT resident
- Manage maintenance checks for repairs plans for each QHT resident
- Be responsible for the sharing of relevant information with staff team
- To assist in review and development of resident policies and procedures
- Create and manage effective professional relationships with local authority staff and other external agencies they works in partnership with.
- Maintain a working knowledge of available resources for clients, signposting and referring as necessary
- Be responsible for the effective utilisation of resources available
- Lead on regular reviews of residents - alongside partner agencies
- Develop positive working relationships with residents in order to facilitate the best possible outcomes, helping the organisation to address issues of social isolation and exclusion for older people
- To occasionally assist in and facilitate the running of drop-in services for residents
- Complete the required data entry onto the case management system and ensure that other records of work undertaken are maintained as required to enable the performance management of the service
- Contribute to regular team meetings
- Participate in staff management and support systems in line with policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and appropriate physical environment for staff and residents, in line with the Health and Safety Policy
- Liaise and work with all internal stakeholders to deliver an effective wide service
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post
- Housing support experience
- Health and safety and property maintenance experience
- Experience of working with vulnerable people, including working with statutory agencies in a voluntary capacity.
- An understanding of Health and Safety and an ability to manage the associated requirements practically and professionally.
- An understanding of housing maintenance and an ability to manage the associated requirements practically and professionally.
- The ability to secure the views of residents within the organisation and to develop involvement as part of strategy to include the views of residents in future service developments.
- Some good administrative, recording and reporting skills, and a willingness to learn new skills in this area of work.
- Some IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email, and the ability to learn how to use new IT applications and processes.
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- An understanding of equal opportunities
- Effective time and workload management.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.