Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Housing Support Worker - Mental Health (Brent),37.5 hours a week, temporary, £11.79 per hour
- Support tenants to successfully move-in to the Housing Service and learn the skills of tenancy sustainment and mental health recovery through effective, personalised support planning
- To manage recovery focused client case load and provide a responsive support service which meets the individual needs of tenants through the key working process and by working in joint partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Conduct regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve personal support plan goals
- Ensuring your work is evidence based and available for regular internal inspection and for inspection at Supporting People audits.
- Provide intensive housing management support to tenants
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the services and maximise the benefits they are entitled to
- Provide support to tenants to move on by resettlement support planning and exploring move-on opportunities including the private rented sector.
- Previous experience of working with people who have mental health support needs
- Housing Support Experience
- Knowledge of working with people with dual diagnosis and ex-offenders.
- Ability to lone work and the ability to deal with crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work jointly as part of a team and in partnership with external statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Good verbal, written & positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the allocation, move on and resettlement process.
- Ability to manage, plan and take responsibility for your own case load.
- An understanding of how equality of opportunity can be delivered in a supported housing
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Understanding of person centred
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.