Barker Ross are recruiting for a Housing Support Worker in the Gateshead area on a 4 Month contract based on 35 hours a week, Mon - Fri at a rate of £11.27ph, to become part of a busy team, assesing the support needs of vulnerable customers and working to provide a suitable support package ensuing their needs are fully met.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE A VALID ENAHNCED DBS CERTIFICATE
Roles & Responsibilities
The key roles of this post will include (but not limite to) the following;
- To provide practical and emotional support to vulnerable customers, assisting with issues around finances, health, housing, life skills, personal safety, legal issues, substance misuse, children, employment, training and education.
- To undertake practical support with young people to reduce the risk of homelessness and promote sustainable independent living.
- To use effective risk assessment tools to identify risks and undertake appropriate actions.
- To develop effective individual support packages by completing needs assessments, support plans and support reviews.
- To work within a multi agency framework, communicating effectively ensuring that there is a co-ordinated response to support.
- To adhere to performance and monitoring requirements, complying with systems in place to monitor data and outcomes. This will include completing support paperwork to a high standard.
- Adhere to both service and Council policies and procedures regarding working practices and service delivery. This will include; Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults, Health and Safety, Data Protection/Confidentiality and our Code of Conduct.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Any such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.