Barker Ross are recruiting for a Housing Standards Officer in the Loughborough area on a 2 Month contract based on 35 hours per week at a rate of £23.50ph, to become part of a team assisting with a Rogue Landlords Project & HMO Licensing and Housing Standards.
Main Responsibilities of the position will include (but limit to);
- Investigate housing standard complaints, carry out housing inspections and investigations
- Carry out void inspections and arrange for repairs and appropriate safety checks
- Assist in the management of empty homes in the Borough with the objective of bringing homes back into use where possible
- Undertake inspections for Accommodation Certificates and issue appropriate correspondence
- Carry out inspections of potential Tenant Finder properties, ensuring that they are suitable for occupation
- Investigate drainage defect complaints where required, including defects resulting in recurring pest control issues. Undertake any necessary enforcement action
Main Skills required for the ideal candidate;
- Proven experience in carrying out detailed inspections of domestic property
- Computer Literate
- Effective Communicator (orally and in writing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to carry out site visits/inspections and use ladders and scaffolding.
- Must hold a current full UK driving licence with on vehicle.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.