Our established client based in Lincoln is currently seeking 2 Housing Standards and Enforcement Officers to assist with a Rouge Landlord Project where you will be proactively identifying the worst housing conditions and taking timely enforcement action through the service of statutory notices and regulations, taking cases through to prosecution where standards are not met.
This is a temporary contract which is looking to start as soon as possible, lasting until 31st July working 37 hours per week.
Reporting to the Private Housing Team Leader, you will help to improve housing standards for people living in privately rented accommodation, by conducting formal inspections and taking necessary enforcement action under the Housing Act 2004 and other relevant legislation.
You will identify and inspect houses in multiple occupation, ensuring standards are met and where defects or management issues are found, take relevant and timely enforcement action.
You will be capable of working independently and carrying out detailed inspections and assessments, serving statutory notices and drafting HMO licences, referring to relevant legislation and standards. You will gather evidence in criminal investigations, brief legal officers, prepare cases for court and attend tribunals and court hearings.
In order to be considered for this role you must have experience within the last 12 months of:-
- Knowledge and experience of implementing the law relating to housingstandards, houses in multiple occupation, HMO Licensing, public health,protection from eviction and relevant enforcement procedures
- Knowledge of HMO licensing, undertaking licensing inspections andprocessing HMO licensing applications
- Competence in inspecting and assessing buildings under the Housing Healthand Safety Rating System and against set standards, and determiningreasonable estimated costs for building works
- Competence at using Microsoft Word, Excel and computer based recordsystems
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and simple manner,negotiate positive outcomes, manage conflict and confrontation, anddemonstrate high levels of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
- Experience of working in a local authority or project team
- Experience of interpreting, implementing and applying guidelines andlegislation
- Experience of preparing and serving statutory notices and preparing schedules of work
- Ability to handle conflict and confrontation, transport self around city and towork to meet reasonable expectations of job
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.