Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Housing Service Manager - Drug and Alcohol (Camden), £40kpa, fulltime, maternity cover contract
As Head of House you will act as the strategic lead managing and driving all areas of delivery
As the Registered Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of compliance with standards of care
You will lead your team to deliver outcomes agreed by the Director of Operations and in line with the organisation's KPIs
You will find innovative ways to support people in their recovery whilst ensuring your service delivers evidence based practice
Your role will require you to create new business opportunities, effectively manage budgets, and ensure financial viability of your service in line with budget management policy
Service Delivery & Operational Standards
- To oversee the management of the residential rehabilitation facilities and ensure the services are provided to high standards in line with our treatment manual and handbook
- To ensure that service aims, objectives and business plans are in place and that these are reflected in individual work plans
- To ensure effective implementation of Phoenix Futures Customer Relationship Management Strategy and Service User Involvement strategies
- To lead the staff of the service to achieve the highest professional standards and ensure compliance with Phoenix Futures policies and procedures
- To be the registered care manager and to ensure compliance with all the requirements of the Care Quality Commission
- To ensure that the service complies with internal quality standards as well as external regulatory and health and safety requirements
- To ensure that the case management system is utilised to enable the production of outcome reports for individuals and the service overall and that there is full compliance with NDTMS
- To actively manage diversity and promote equality and people's rights in all aspects of service delivery
- To ensure that volunteers and student placements operate effectively and that they are adequately supported
- To ensure a local strategy is developed and implemented for effective engagement of service users families and significant others in their treatment
- To ensure effective recruitment, retention, motivation and performance management of all staff and volunteers within the service
- To identify individual and team training / development needs to meet service delivery requirements and ensure staff can maximise their potential in their careers with Phoenix Futures
- To comply with all organisational policies including grievance, disciplinary, sickness absence, health and safety, child protection and vulnerable adults and ensure that these are followed by your direct reports
- Responsibility of ensuring all staff have the appropriate qualifications for their roles as laid down by the regulator and meeting the organisational requirements
Business & Financial Management
- As budget holder and cost centre manager for the service, prepare and set budgets, ensuring financial viability at all times and full compliance with budget management policy
- To keep up to date with changes in the political, economic, social and technological environment that might impact on the delivery of drug and alcohol treatment services
- Good general standard of education with at least NVQ level 4 or equivalent
- Experience of direct staff management and provision of clear leadership within a hostel, residential or supported accommodation service,
- Experience of working in a CQC regulated service and as a registered manager is desirable
- Experience of delivery of high quality services to women with complex needs is desirable
- Ability to role model and champion the leadership requirements of this role and fully support the values and beliefs of the organisation
- Relevant experience of work in the field of substance misuse or other comparable field
- Confident, resilient, robust and self-aware
- Experience of setting, managing and delivering budgets
- Experience of developing effective partnership working and multi-agency liaison
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.