Housing Officer PFI Kirklees West Yorkshire
Housing Officer required Kirklees, West Yorkshire - This is a temporary to permanent role.
To support the Housing Manager to provide a comprehensive effective and flexible local housing service to residents within the Kirklees area.
* To assist with the housing management of 466 local authority homes including 140 homes across 3 extra care facilities.
* Deliver a high customer satisfaction and assist in conducting all customer satisfaction performance tests in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure that equality is a key consideration and that the concepts of quality and equality are fully integrated into practices and procedures relating to service delivery.
* Maximise opportunities for customer involvement.
* Assist in providing help and support to customers including advice on rent payments where appropriate.
* Ensure customers meet and maintain all the obligations outlined in their tenancy agreement.
* Develop close working partnerships with a number of different organisations,
* Provide support to the Housing Manager across a range of housing management issues including but not limited to; rental income and debt management, anti social behaviour, breaches of tenancy, succession and assignment, all in accordance with relevant legislation and contract policy and procedures.
* Take action and develop initiatives to solve problems and beat the specification at every opportunity
* Support the Housing Manager to minimise void turnaround times.
* Support the delivery of our repairs and maintenance requirements.
* Help with the Preparation of documents that may be used in case conferences or as evidence in court.
* Ensure that the services provided are continually reviewed and refined to exceed customer expectations.
* To be an integral part of the housing management team, deputising in the absence of colleagues and carrying out any other reasonable ad-hoc duties as required.
* The ideal candidate will have the following -
* Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
* Experience of PFI contracts, Social housing including extra care.
* Experience of staff management,
* Good IT skills and be able to use a variety of software packages.
* Hold a current UK driving license and have daily use of a vehicle.
* Satisfactory DBS clearance
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.