Housing Key Worker
Location: Middlesbrough, City Centre
Salary: £8.50 - £9.20 per hour
Job type: Temp to Perm
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5 (37.5hrs Per Week)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Housing Key Worker on behalf of a client based in Middlesbrough. This will involve supporting adults in various housing situations, including moving people in and escorting people out of homes.
Training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Inducting Service Users in accordance with the Company's procedures including providing the necessary briefing service within 1 day of the Service User occupying the accommodation and advising Services Users of external agencies that are available to help them with their problems. The briefing should be conducted in a language understood by the Service User.
- To provide direct support to Service Users in obvious and urgent need of medical care upon arrival at the accommodation by arranging to take the Service User to the nearest GP surgery or hospital.
- To inform Managerial Staff of any issues that may impact on the delivery of the service we are contracted to deliver..
- Completing relevant paperwork and filing relating to their arrival and induction.
- The ability to be able to help lift and carry Service Users belongings into their Accommodation as required.
- Ensuring HMO communal areas are clean and tidy.
- The clearing and cleaning of bedrooms for new Service Users after discontinuations have occurred.
- Investigating incidents and complaints with the ability to write incident reports.
- Providing assistance in monitoring the use of utilities including electricity, gas and water and where necessary communicating with the Service Users in cases of abuse or misuse. This includes providing accurate meter reads.
- Ability to transport Service Users between properties when necessary. This includes driving Company vehicles up to and including the six seater vehicles we currently use (or equivalent). Clean driving licence is essential.
- Dealing with discontinuations to ensure all Service Users are removed in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide some admin support including use of a computer to email and write incident reports.
- Any other duties as and when required relevant to the role.
Experience working with Mental Health or in Outreach is Preferable
Full UK drivers licence essential
Must be adaptable as each day will bring new and exciting challenges
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Sean at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 941 8131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.