Job Title Housing Assessment Officer - Housing Options Team
To provide a comprehensive and proactive Housing Assessment Service that includes:
- Frontline assessment and advice
- The assessment and discharge of the Authority's statutory duties in relation to part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended)
- Assessment and assistance of housing needs that lead to the prevention of homelessness
- The provision of emergency accommodation where required
- The rotation of roles within the team to include First Response and Homelessness Assessment.
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of Housing Legislation including Housing Act 1996; Homelessness Act 2002; Localism Act 2011; Homelessness Order 2012; Homelessness Code of Guidance for Local Authorities 2006; Allocation of Accommodation: Guidance for Authorities in England 2012; Supplementary Guidance on the Homelessness changes in the Localism Act 2011 and on the Homelessness Order 2012.
- The assessment, decision making and discharge of the Authority's statutory duties. Candidate must have experience in and be able to assess homeless households using 5 tests of homelessness. Must understand everything that is included in:
- Eligible for assistance
- Priority Need
- Local Connection
- Candidates will not have the opportunity of lengthy training in the role therefore must be able to undertake the work from the start.
- Candidates must be able to formulate accurate assessment records and decision letters, issuing the full range of statutory homeless decisions and ensuring that the duties owed are fully addressed and discharged.
- Knowledge of a wide range of homelessness prevention tools and services to assist homeless people.
- Experience of managing complex cases with good communication skills in all areas including written, verbal and non-verbal; the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences including customers; housing providers; support agencies, colleagues and other professionals.
- Must have experience of working with customers with housing needs.
- Must adhere to the principles of managing data and information in line with data protection legislation and internal policies
- Skills must include negotiation; advocacy; mediation; conciliation; problem solving; organisational and administration of workload
- Must be able to demonstrate good interviewing and assessment skills in order to determine the level of customer need.
- Must have the skills and abilities to work as part of a team
** Must have knowledge of using Data Systems to record customer information, specifically Abritas systems**
PAY RATE £15.00 - £17.55 per hour (To Clients Discretion)
If interested please call Lewis on 07726995912 or email qualifications and CV to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.