Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Housing Advice Worker -Homelessness (Barnet and Enfield), 37.5 hours a week, temporary 2-3 months, £11.20 per hour
Arranging and carrying out assessment interviews to ensure the Service criteria's are met
To work with up to 20 services users to implement realistic client led support plans and risk assessments, to ensure an individual package of support, working with individuals to review regularly in a way that is focused and user led.
Information, Advice and Guidance
To provide housing related support in line with current legislation and local implementation
To key work up to 20 service users, holding regular meetings and assist them to reach their goals by working with them through their support plans and review them regularly in a way that is focused and user led.
Produce, maintain and record accurate, relevant and up to date information including recording all contacts with clients appropriately to promote effective service delivery and evaluation. Ensure recording systems are up to date for periodic service reviews and service development.
Networking, Liaison and Brokering
To proactively liaise, communicate and negotiate with internal and external specialists and external agencies in order to maximise client support services, resources and funding.
Social Inclusion/Meaningful occupation
To assist service users to develop life skills and partake in meaningful occupation activities to promote increased independence and involvement with the community
Health and Safety
To be aware of and comply with project policies and procedures for safe working practices for staff and service users.
To take active responsibility for own and aims and objectives and participate fully in team meetings, supervisions, performance reviews and training to ensure a cohesive and professional working environment at all times.
- An understanding of working in supported housing or floating support services; with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- A level of numeracy, literacy and comprehension to prepare and maintain case records, communicate in writing with other agencies and analyse written and numerical information.
- An understanding of the principles of assessment and risk, planned support, key working, goal setting, and advocacy with vulnerable people.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to vulnerable client group(s).
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service, and customer focused, with proven ability to empower service users.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
- An ability to be self-servicing in the use of IT applications and basic keyboard skills
to create letters, minutes and key work notes and to send and receive emails.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements and work outside of office hours on occasion.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.