Barker Ross are actively seeking X4 full time permanent HGV technicians for our well established client based in Daventry. This is a permanent position looking to start straight away.
Working hours are flexible whether it is days/ afternoons / nights you are seeking (Monday to Friday / 4 on 4 off) and there could potentially be some negotiation on the salary for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will ensure the most efficient and highest possible standard of mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of customer vehicles and related ancillary equipment. You will have responsibility for the safety of the working environment and all colleagues/persons within it and work as part of a team to ensure the workshop operation achieves its objectives and targets
- Undertake comprehensive and preventative maintenance and repair standards
- Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with terms
- Working within the company safe systems of work and ensuring that quality and performance are maintained at all times
- Dealing professionally and proficiently with all enquiries and completing job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Applicants should be suitably qualified and have experience in heavy commercial vehicle maintenance, repair and diagnostic
- Have practical understanding of using information technology and systems to deliver objectives
- Be safety aware and committed to a right first time ethos
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding customer environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the customer
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, remaining focused and consistent and a 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and has a good understanding and experience of a busy workshop operating environment.
This is a great opportunity to work with a well known nationwide company.
Please call Luke on 0115 8960888 for more information on how to apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.