I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for a for a HGV Technician to work in Tamworth. The HGV Technician will be responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
HGV technician duties include:
* Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard
* Diagnose and rectify all types of faults
* Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises
* Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
* Liaise with parts department to attain parts
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
* Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Candidates should be able to demonstrate: -
* Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer care skills
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
Particular experience / skills that will be regarded as ideal are: -
* Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
* Current driving licence
* LGV/HGV licence
Monday - friday. Alternative weeks. 7am - 3.30pm, 10.30am - 7pm
If you are interested in the role of a HGV technician, please get in touch!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.