Our well established client based in Sheffield are looking to add a HGV Technician to their team working 40 hours per week.
The position is for an experienced HGV Technician responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: -
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards, service sheets and vehicle maintenance records are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
- Follow Branch & company routines with regards to warranty, contract & retail business
- Deal direct with foremen & workshop controller to ensure smooth operation of business
- Provide support to both parts & administration teams when required
Candidates should be able to demonstrate: -
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
Particular experience / skills that will be regarded as ideal are: -
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
- Previous Scania experience ideal however not essential
- Current driving licence
- LGV/HGV licence ideal however not essential
40 hours per week
Alternating 6am to 2pm and 2 pm to 10pm with Saturdays when working afternoons shift 6am to 12pm paid as overtime
If you are intrested or would like to know more information please contact Laura Heathcote at Barker Ross on 0115 9416324.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.