An opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre professional to join a leading affordable housing company in the capacity of Health, Safety and Facilities Manager at their site in Stockport.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Health & Safety is integral to the work of the Group by providing guidance to employees at all levels of the organisation on all aspects of Health, Safety and Compliance.
You will monitor and continually strive to improve Health & Safety performance, regularly review and develop the Group's Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure they are relevant to, and inclusive of, the hazards facing the business.
In the role you will be responsible for managing the delivery and development of an effective, Health & Safety inspection, testing and monitoring plans and programmes, in relation to gas safety, water hygiene, fire safety, asbestos management and mechanical and electrical installations.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing, delivering and managing all building services related activities, and facilities management of Head Office, ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements are consistently met.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships across the Group, actively involves and consults internal and external partners, with a "can do" focus.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for the team and manages individual performance.
- Listens to understand and allows team members to contribute to the best of their ability.
- Encourages and demonstrates creative thinking, puts into practice new approaches that improve performance. Helps others to understand and cope with change.
- Listens to understand issues and opportunities from different points of view.
- Assesses and makes decisions that take account of both short-term and long-term implications.
- Solution orientated to produce and manage implementation plans, identifying the tasks, outcomes and resources required to achieve overall objectives.
Hours: Monday to Friday (35 hours). Flexi days are available within the business (up to 13 per year) including agile working ensuring maximum flexibility and minimum constraints. Salary for this opportunity is c£44k with good contributory pension and 22 days plus Bank Holidays annual leave.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record and experience in Housing.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.