Position Health, Safety & Compliance Manager (Northants)
Salary up to £40K
Ref IE 59427
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Manager to join a leading logistics business with specialisms in 3PL and Supply Chain Management.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the H&S Manager is responsible for the health, safety, environment and quality systems and procedures within all Group sites. You will provide leadership, safe systems of work and robust quality & safety management throughout the organisation. Covering three local sites in the Northamptonshire area, you will have overall responsibility for all aspects covered within the job description, so flexibility is a must.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities include ownership and development of the Group's:
- Health & Safety Management System
- Safety and Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Accreditation
- The implementation of a Quality Management System
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, tactful, assertive, results-oriented manager with a positive outlook and a clear focus on building partnerships, driving change, influencing positive behaviour and continuous improvement while allowing employees, visitors, contractors and suppliers to operate in a safe environment. You will also be a natural forward planner who constructively assesses own performance and that of others.
Essential candidate requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practical in approach and outlook
- Computer and systems literate
- Team player with positive attitude to ownership
- Self-aware with a desire for continuous improvement
- A formal qualification in Health and Safety Management (NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent)
- Experience in a similar manufacturing/production/logistics industry
- A demonstrable record of managing and implementing health, safety, environmental and quality systems
- Excellent motivational/influencing skills
- A career that indicates continuous personal development
- First aid at work certification
- NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
- Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification
- Graduate IOSH Status or CMIOSH status
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.