Barker Ross are recruiting for a Health and Safety /Fire Safety Compliancy Manager in the area of Brixton (SW2)
Starting Date - ASAP - 14/06/2019
Hours - 35 Hours per week (09:00 - 17:30)
Rate - Daily Rate of £357.51
Must have previous experience within the sector.
Main purpose of the job:
· To act as the responsible person for the management of Health and Safety and Fire Safety relating to Buildings in Lambeth,
· Managing Health and Safety risk generally with a specific focus relating to Fire Safety, ensuring that Lambeth Council meets both statutory and non-statutory fire safety responsibilities in relation to legislation, associated building and Fire regulations and Government Guidance.
· Supporting the Performance team in managing FRA, Asbestos, Legionella , Gas safety recording and reporting
· Provide a professional advisory service, embracing all areas of Health and Safety / fire safety management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Ensure the effective delivery of the council's obligations regarding health and safety , with a particular focus on ensuring that all fire safety works are completed to a high level of customer satisfaction, to a standard of legal compliance, taking into account the findings post Grenfell, and guidance arising. Keep abreast of new guidance, Providing assurance to the AD Housing Capital and Asset Management, Housing, Housing Health and Safety Board on fire safety compliance matters.
· Working in coordination with the Head Health and Safety, Corporate and service wide, and Fire Safety team , ensure fire risk assessments, inspections and audits across all stock, including PFI, TMO, leasehold Enfranchisement are undertaken, and monitored with monthly updates on FRA1s and actions through the Sharepoint site or other sites that may be developed. Unblock barriers where they arise.
· Prepare Strategic and Operational fire safety reports and statistical information as required
· Provide expert technical knowledge to Managers manage to enable compliance of all aspects of Health And Safety ,fire safety across all assets, ensuring that the services are maintained and improved to meet Fire , Building and CDM regulations across all works to the council's Housing stock
· To assist the Neighbourhoods and Growth service teams in liaising with external enforcement bodies where appropriate to explain protective and preventative measures being taken to control risk and to discuss, options / actions for meeting statutory and legislative duties.
· Work closely with all other staff within N& G Directorate as required, providing technical advice and support on all aspects in relation to fire safety.
· Keep up to date with all changes in building regulations, policies and best practice, research new building products and ensure we are compliant with legislation and good practice. Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations and good practice requirements throughout the Directorate.
· To undertake training as appropriate to the post and to keep abreast of developments across the housing profession.
· Carry out other duties commensurate with the nature of the post of Health and Safety Fire Safety compliancy Manager as directed by the Assistant Director Housing Capital and Asset Management /Director of Housing
· Liaise with Housing services and support the consultation requirements with residents' leaseholders and other stakeholders as required.
· Develop and implement licensing arrangements for maintenance contractors and external utility companies including BT & cable companies, to support Digital Implementation.
If you are interested in the role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.