One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager in the Coventry area on a full time, permanent basis.
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for working with the senior management team, on strategic planning in relation to safety across the contract including accident prevention strategies, identification of management safety training requirements, information monitoring and reporting. Candidates must have experience of H&S within both transport and warehouse environments.
The role is based in Coventry and will involve occasional travel to other sites so you must be flexible to travel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide advice, support and assistance to local management teams, supervisors and co-ordinators and provide support in Operational Excellence Safety Culture forum.
- Monitoring the implementation of the Company SHE Manual, RIVO Safeguard Minimum Safety Standards and related policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to all.
- Update and advise management on aspects of health and safety, including changes to company requirements, legislation and technological changes that affect health and safety.
- Annually update and review all Site Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work in line with the SHE Manual.
- To collate and review all RIDDOR reports and circulate to relevant HSE authorities after consultation with General Manager.
- To collate M.S.S. reports, review progress and circulate to relevant persons.
- To carry out major accident investigation, when required, in conjunction with relevant persons and circulate accordingly.
- To carry out regular legal conformance audits on site.
- To train Team Members up to RTITB standard on all MHE, personally or with and through the relevant qualified trainers on site.
- To ensure Manual Handling training, inductions and refresher training is given to all staff.
Experience, skills and attributes:
- NEBOSH Certificate is desirable.
- Proven experience of delivering results in transport and warehouse environments.
- Ability to engage and pro-actively challenge management teams to get results.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with individuals at all levels within the Company.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understand that good safety is good business and demonstrate passion for doing things the right way.
- A self starter who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to challenge in a calm and mature manner.
- Flexibility in terms of hours of work to support the operation.
Salary for this opportunity is up to £34k plus excellent company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.