An opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Health & Safety Advisor at their site at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will provide best practice Health & Safety support and advice for all teams within the site.
You will be responsible for risk assessments e.g. COSHH, Manual Handling and DSE, internal Health & Safety Audits, inspections and GEMBA walks. You will also assist with external audits to ensure that all relevant information is provided to the auditor whilst ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed off within the allocated timeframes.
Skills & knowledge required:
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and manage workflows.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to establish a rapport with all levels of management and safety representatives.
- Able to carry out effective investigations, audits, inspections and compile reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- PC literate with a good level of spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Ability to understand the key issues in complex situations.
- Be able to show initiative and innovate.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize workload and meet targets.
- Strong organisational skills.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualification is essential
- Experience of OHSAS 18001.
The role will be based over 40 hours per week with a one hour break working Monday to Friday (days) with some flexibility required at the needs of the business.
Salary for this opportunity is up to £35k plus excellent employee benefits and career progression.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral cog of the business and to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.