Position Health & Safety Advisor (Hatfield)
Salary c£25K - £30K
Ref IE 59150
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, professional H&S Advisor to join a market leader in the FMCG logistics industry at their Hatfield site. This is a great role for a dynamic individual to fast track their H&S career with a progressive business and work with a fantastic team! The position will be varied, challenging, exciting and you will work with a business that really values their employees' contribution. If you enjoy working hard and want to be part of a growing organisation (and equally important have a sense of humour), please contact me for immediate consideration!
Reporting directly into the HSQE Manager, you will provide essential support across the wider business in delivering the H&S message. An essential requirement will be HACCP Level 3 Food Qualification. In addition you will be responsible for risk assessments, internal Health & Safety Audits and Inspections. You will also assist with external audits to ensure that all relevant information is provided to the auditor whilst ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed off within the allocated timeframes.
Skills & knowledge required:
- HACCP Level 3 Food Qualification
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and manage workflows.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to establish a rapport with all levels of management and safety representatives.
- Able to carry out effective investigations, audits, inspections and compile reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- PC literate with a good level of spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Ability to understand the key issues in complex situations.
- Be able to show initiative and innovate.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize workload and meet targets.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Previous logistics experience would be an advantage.
Equally important will be your work ethic, team focused approach, flexibility and ability to deliver results (and retain a sense of humour!)
Salary for this opportunity is £25-£30K dependent upon experience and is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral part of the business with genuine career prospects and the opportunity to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.