Position Health & Safety Advisor (Hatfield)
Salary c£25K - £30K
Ref IE 59150
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre professional to join a market leader in the FMCG logistics industry in the capacity of Health & Safety Advisor at their Hatfield site.
The successful candidate will provide best practice Health & Safety support and advice for all teams within the site, offering invaluable support to the HSQE Manager.
You will be responsible for risk assessments e.g. COSHH, Manual Handling and DSE, internal Health & Safety Audits and Inspections. You will also assist with external audits to ensure that all relevant information is provided to the auditor whilst ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed off within the allocated timeframes.
Skills & knowledge required:
- Experience of OHSAS 18001.
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and manage workflows.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to establish a rapport with all levels of management and safety representatives.
- Able to carry out effective investigations, audits, inspections and compile reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- PC literate with a good level of spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Ability to understand the key issues in complex situations.
- Be able to show initiative and innovate.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize workload and meet targets.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Previous logistics experience would be an advantage.
Salary for this opportunity is £25-£30K and is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral part of the business with genuine career prospects and the opportunity to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.