Duties will include:
· Assist in the development of health, safety and welfare policies and procedures.
· Take an active role in the health and safety committee including taking minutes
· Assist with delivering a health and safety training across all levels of the team.
· Complete first day inductions for all new starters for the site
· Complete regular site inspections and safety audits
· Assist with the development of risk assessments , safe working procedures for any activities carried out on site
· Ordering and issuing of PPE
· Assist with contractor management on site including inductions and maintaining contractor files
· Assist the Operations Development Manager in the facilities management of the site, arranging contractors and day to day dealings with contractors and overseeing the works.
· Assist in completing accident/incident documentation, carrying out investigations and gathering information and advising on outcomes of investigations
· Updating and inputting if data for health and safety KPI's, accident report statistics and compliance requirements
· Produce H&S Management reports, training documentation, newsletters and safety bulletins
· Complete daily and weekly administrative tasks such as weekly fire alarm testing and monthly emergency light testing
· Good level of English both written and verbal
· Previous experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
· Good Level of IT skills
· Willingness to learn
· Good attention to detail
This position is temporary to permanent and offers an immediate start.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.