Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Head of HR - Twickenham, up to £45kpa, full time, permanent
- Develop and oversee the implementation of HR strategy to reflect the vision, mission, values and strategic plan
- To develop, deliver and implement appropriate strategies, policies and plans across the full breadth of the HR function ensuring that all are people focused, flexible, cost effective, reflect best practice and are aligned to support and deliver against current and future organisational priorities
- To ensure that the approach to recruitment enables to attract a high quality and skilled workforce and providing support and advice to managers throughout the recruitment cycle
- To ensure the delivery of an effective, expert HR service, working closely with the business and provide expert and reliable advice on all HR matters, including leading on employee relations, providing advice to managers on HR cases, policies and issues and offering a support function to both line managers and other colleagues
- Make sure there are effective HR systems and policies and procedures are in place to reflect the values and key business needs. To be responsible for the smooth running of the HR database, including the use of the database to audit HR processes to ensure compliance (I.e. frequency of supervisions, sickness absence trigger stages, annual leave etc.)
- To lead on the organisation's appraisal and exit interview process, ensuring timely completion and reporting on findings to inform organisational practises
- To ensure that contracts of employment, human resources policies and procedures and other contractual documentation is in place and is compliant with legislation and good practice.
Learning and Development
- To lead the Learning and Development agenda creating a culture which makes a positive contribution to and encourages high performance, strong leadership, continuous improvement and personal development
- To develop and deliver a range of effective learning and development opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Work across services to analyse training needs and identify areas of growth for further learning and development
- To ensure effective management of budget and lead on all decisions relating to remuneration and reward to ensure accurate, effective, consistent and fair use of the pay budget
- To ensure effective budget setting and budget compliance with respect to staff salaries and other HR costs.
- To work with the Personnel Committee and Chief Executive to ensure that there is an annual review of remuneration and reward, in line with Remuneration Policy.
- To ensure that payroll providers work within the correct legal framework, employment terms and conditions, and best practice and work with finance to resolve any compliance concerns
- Act as HR liaison with respect to quality assurance systems such as ISO 9001.
- To be responsible for the review and roll-out of a set of high-quality HR policies and procedures, (as they apply to all areas of activities except direct service delivery and financial management).
- To develop and deliver effective systems to ensure organisational compliance with all HR policies and procedures
- To conduct annual staff surveys and analyse feedback, using this to recommend focused and evidence based interventions aimed at increasing employee engagement and performance
- CIPD qualified and chartered member of CIPD
- Experience in a similar or relevant HR role
- Strong knowledge of employment law and good practice in relation to HR management
- Excellent knowledge and experience of employee relations, including disciplinary, grievance, sickness and redundancy processes.
- Strong understanding and experience of supervising the full breadth of HR operational activities, including HR systems, payroll, HR policies and processes, recruitment and contract management
- Experience of translating strategy into operational plans, implementing them and monitoring progress.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Sound IT skills including use of Microsoft office and spreadsheets
- Adopts a flexible approach and adapts style to suit different situations and people
- Experience of managing budgets
- Line management experience
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.