Help Desk Operator
To effectively operate the Helpdesk and associated communication systems. Delivering a professional, efficient and customer-orientated service.
The role is working on Monday to Friday on a 40 hour week. The successful candidate will need to complete a Police Security check before commencing the role.
- To be the point of telephone contact for the university helpdesk
- To answer, log, input and allocate service requests accurately and in a timely manner and direct the appropriate personnel to undertake the tasks.
- On a daily basis, staff will be expected to make decisions regarding service delivery. Where conflicting priorities arise they will need to assess the task and direct staff appropriately within set guidelines and protocols.
- Carry out general administration duties when required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A helpdesk / customer service background
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Skilled in Help Desk call processing
- Able to effectively plan, prioritise and allocate work
- Able to work on own initiative
- Planet skills would be ideal, however training can be provided
- Confident telephone manner.
- Keyboard skills.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.