Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
My client produces some of the nation's favourite brands as well asbeing one of the biggest suppliers of retailer 'own brand' products in the UK, manufacturing high quality products at our 5 production facilities in the UK and Czech Republic.
My client are recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join there Leicester site. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the site implement and maintains the company standards. To manage and coordinate work systems to ensure that the service of the company meets the highest quality standards and that the risks in the work place are controlled and that the impact on the environment are minimised.
Key accountabilities of this role:
* Implement/improve health, safety and environmental policies, audits
* To mentor health and safety representatives and chair health and safety meetings
* Reporting on a monthly basis key health and safety measures and looking for continuous improvements in conjunction with Head of Operations and the management team
* Recording accident/near misses and environmental claims, investigations and reporting
* Audit the existing health and safety and environmental systems - continually maintaining and improving
* Health and safety training/inductions - to new and existing employees including refresher courses
* Risk assessments need to be in place for OH support/audiometric/ muscular skeletal activities
* Maintain PPE equipment and ensure used equipment is within specification
* Develop and drive the HSE strategy in line with legislation, best practice and the company requirements Experience and know how:
* NEBOSH and working knowledge / experience of HACCP, COSHH, GMP, manual handling or appropriate national/international qualification in HSE management
* Have or working towards knowledge of HSE legislation
* Experience of managing and implementing health and safety systems and full site plans
* Experience of FMCG operations
* Experience of dealing with outside bodies e.g. HSE, EHO etc. Competencies / Level of Independence
* Building improvement strategies
* Executing improvement programmes
* Morale and ethical decision making
* Ability to influence and manage upwards
* Long term visionary
* A compliant nature
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.