Group Quality Manager
My client is a well established business which supports the automotive industries, supplying pressed component parts and assemblies, specialising in large progression tooling. They also supply welded assemblies including manual and robotic MIG, CO2, Spot and TIG, plus nutting and inserting and a range of fasteners.
They alsomanufacture and supply aluminium and zinc diecastings to a wide range of customers including automotive, electrical, office furniture and audio. They offer an integrated component solution incorporating cast process selection, CNC machining, design and product finishing.
They are accredited to the automotive quality standard TS 16949 and the environmental standard ISO14001.
- Champion for Quality Functional Excellence and related Value Package Introduction processes for the site.
- Support production with all quality, productivity and downtime issues relating to the new product implementation
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Maintain quality & product compliance at all times in accordance with laid down standards and procedures
- Develop systems to support the supplier Quality Improvement Programme
- Responsible for the ongoing use of Continuous Improvement tools such as Kaizan and Six Sigma to drive world class manufacturing
- Manage departmental employees training and development plans to ensure we remain flexible and optimise skills coverage
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to ensure that both internal and external requirements are achieved
- Liaise closely with all levels of production, engineering, quality and purchasing providing clear information as required.
- Apply problem solving techniques to fully utilize manufacturing opportunities
- Be a technical subject matter expert and demonstrable experience using Quality tools and techniques, such as DFMEA, PFMEA and problem solving methodologies
- Responsible for the management and reporting of non compliance systems including scrap, rework, first off success rate etc
- Undertake internal and external audits
- Promote quality and customer requirement awareness throughout the company. Hold shop floor awareness and feedback meetings
- Liaise with suppliers regarding their quality status and where relevant encourage conformance to recognised quality standard
- Liaise with customers to ensure both internal and external requirements are achieved
- Support for customer meeting related to quality issues
- Preparing reports on the company quality performance including areas for improvement for presentation at monthly management meetings
- Prepare and develop the relevant quality procedures and instructions to meet the requirements of ISO 14001
- Day to day communication with customers regarding questions of quality or specification
- Inspection and approval of all finished goods and subassemblies where appropriate
- Instrumentation, measurement and calibration
- Resolve issues with vendor non-compliant parts
- Ensure that all members of the team knows and executes their role and feels empowered and supported
- Ensure that the customer is provided with all relevant data and that they are demonstrably confident in the service provided
- Participate in appraisals, discipline & general performance reviews
- Provide direction and support for analysis of operational Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsibility to build and maintain a team capable of delivering world class quality performance.
- Undertake measurements of company performance and customer feedback, initiating any relevant correctiv action plans
- Support for customer meetings related to either new or existing projects
- Analysis of dimensional reports generated by a CMM
- Analysis and actioning of NCR's arising during manufacture
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Identify areas of potential process improvement
- Lead the Management Review process
- Update, develop and maintain the relevant quality procedures and instructions to meet the requirements
- of TS16949 and other recognised quality standards
- Build and maintain a team capable of supporting and exceeding the growth aspirations of the Company
- Set objectives for direct reports and then manage individual's and team performance against those objectives
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met at all times and by all employees.
- Manage departmental employee training and development plans to ensure we remain flexible and optimise
Qualifications and requirements
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of working with quality management system TS16949
- A background and qualifications (bachelor's degree) within an engineering discipline preferably in automotive
- Must have experience in a senior position, working in an automotive 1st or 2nd tier supplier organisation
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with quality tools and technique
- Extensive knowledge and experience of continuous improvement techniques such as 8D, 6 Sigma and 5S
If you feel you may be a good fit for this role then please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.