General Foreman (Competitive Salary)
You will be working for one of the largest house building and special housing company's in the country. Who are looking for several General Foreman who will be available to start work on various sites across the midlands.
You will be working under the instruction of the Site Manager, as the General Foreman/Site Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing site activities to ensure that they are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Your main duties will include:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Produce safe and efficient sites
- To provide on the ground supervision of works as directed and instructed by the Site Manager
- Proactive involvement in resolving problems that may arise during the construction process.
- To undertake Site Inductions & regular Tool Box Talks for all resources working and visiting the site.
- Environmental control including review/checking scheme Environmental Impact Plans & implementing compliance measures.
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project site KPI's are achieved
- Ensuring compliance to Nomenca and Client procedures
- Must demonstrate full understanding of CDM regulations including demolition/dismantling, temporary works & Principle Contractor role including documentation.
- Must demonstrate competency re Lifting activities including craneage & Confined Space Entries.
- Bring innovative ideas
- Meet set targets
- Co-ordinate & liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams.
- Inspecting and making sure works are completed in line with the required standard
- Maintain accurate daily records.
- Coach and teach team members
You will need the following to be able to qualify
- CSCS Card
- Minimum SSSTS supervisory qualification
- Safety Awareness Training
- Knowledge of ICA, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering.
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.