We are looking for General Assistant to work within a busy environment with one of our clients based in Essex.
- To help excellent team provide the best possible experience for our guests and customers. You will act as an additional resource in the Food & Beverage outlets.
- To acknowledge each guest in order to make them feel welcome and ensure that they are seated and served in a timely and courteous manner.
- To sell food, beverages and drinks in a efficient, friendly and knowledgeable manner, ensuring revenue is maximised.
- To be familiar with all menues, wine lists, special offers and food and beverages available, as well as the hotel's other offerings of Accommodation, Weddings & Private Dining.
- To deal with orders, payments and operate the EPOS till accurately.
- To ensure daily and weekly checklists are completed and signed and full adherence to standard operating procedures.
- To work as part of a team, attending briefings, training sessions and meetings as requested.
- To respond to customer comments and/or complaints in an efficient, speedy and discreet manner.
- To ensure all legislation is adhered to, including licensing laws and health and safety.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by management including working across any food & beverage area as needed.
- To assists with the cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridors and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting.
- Assisting with guest laundry and adhering to the Company's lost property procedure.
This is a flexible role. You will be given the opportunity to work in other departments of the hotel as part of your development and learning.
Ideally a person with the below specification:
- Previous waiting or bards experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns to suit the needs of the business. This can involve early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift bags of linen (up to 10kg) for the Housekeeping role.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.