Gardener - Swindon, SN2
Barker Ross is recruiting for a Gardner to work on a temporary contract in Swindon. This will be for the council.
Hours of work - 37hrs,9am - 5pm
Rate of pay: £8.87
Contract Length - 1/4/2019 - 27/09/2019
- To use best horticultural practice in the maintenance of specific areas of work as directed.
- Ensure parks and depot building are left safe and securely locked.
- Working to deadlines and delivering a high quality standard in all areas of grounds maintenance.
- Proficient in the use of all the basic hand powered equipment, plant and machinery and has knowledge of the plant material that is being tended and drive non LGV vehicles.
- Cleansing work in and around parks and housing areas. This includes the safe removal and disposal of dangerous and hazardous materials.
- The basic maintenance, cleaning and safe use of hand tools, hydraulic ride on mowers, many power tools including hedge trimmers, strimmers, garden vacuums, blowers, push mowers (petrol, diesel, electric, rotary, cylinder and flymos).
- Under supervision to undertake gardening/ general grounds maintenance, duties could include planting of trees and shrubs and aftercare, seeding, pruning, watering, feeding, weeding, herbicide application, hedge cutting, snow clearing, construction and renovation, litter clearance, cleaning changing rooms, overmarking sports pitches, working in such areas as flower beds, shrubberies, woodlands and whip areas, herbaceous borders, rose beds, rock gardens, grasslands and playing fields and open spaces.
If you are interested in the Gardner role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.