To carry out grounds maintenance work and associated tasks in a range of open spaces, including parks, gardens, playing fields and amenity areas., reporting directly to the Parks and Amenities Grounds Maintenance Manager. Your duties will include:
- To undertake work in public parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and similar open spaces.
- General maintenance of open space areas, including grass cutting, shrub pruning and bed work, hedge trimming, clearing leaves & litter, marking of sports areas and other types of work connected with grounds maintenance.
- In addition to the usual range of hand tools and equipment, the use of powered hand tools and plant is required.
- To be flexible in his / her approach and assist in other areas as well as his / her own designated zones in cases of illness or holidays.
- To offer guidance and assistance, when required, to members of the public using open spaces.
- To ensure the health and safety of those using, and working in, open spaces by reporting promptly any unsafe practices or conditions.
- To liaise and work with District Council Rangers, Dog Wardens and other staff, and with other groups, individuals or organisations carrying out work/duties in District Council open spaces.
- To carry out duties in all weather conditions, bearing in mind health and safety considerations.
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous. Full clean driving license required
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.