A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Sort Senior Supervisor at their site in Castle Donington.
The Sort Senior Supervisor is directly responsible for one of the HUB's sort departments (e.g. imports, exports and mezzanine). You will be responsible for the control of staff and freight movement and you will manage and control performance in accordance with various operational KPI's with a clear understanding of your impact upon others.
What our client is looking for:
- Strong people management skills with a proven record in managing a team of up to 100 staff.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to develop a living and breathing Global Standard Operating Procedure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Initiative and drive to promote and progress change in the organisation.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- An understanding of H&S, in particular, accident investigation and RIDDOR.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and negotiation skills & the ability to plan, execute and complete a given task within a specified timeframe.
- Understanding of air cargo operations, associated aircraft and Aviation legislative policies.
- Degree level education desirable but not essential.
The prospective candidate will ideally have 5 years Sort Operations Experience with proven team management skills. They will be a highly organised individual with excellent communication skills. Health & safety will be high on your agenda as will staff engagement.
Hours: Rotating Monday-Thursday and Tuesday-Friday 19.00-05.30 (40 hours). Salary for this opportunity is £28,800 plus shift pay (£2.30 per hour between 19.00-07.00).
This is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral cog of the business and to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.