Our client is an award winning food manufacturing company which has more than 50 years' experience in supplying the ingredients required for flavoursome and healthy meals.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a full time (40 hours per week) Technical Assistant to assist the Technical Account Manager in the implementation of the Company's Quality Management System and in maintaining BRC accreditation (A Grade). You will ensure the food safety, quality and legality of all products on site.
- Completing customer specifications, experience using online systems such as Tesco Technical Library
- Completing own style specifications
- Conducting GMP audits
- Investigating and responding to complaints
- Confident in audits and talking to customers
- Carrying out testing in lab for physical parameters to inspect quality of raw material and packaging, record results on inspection report sheets, issue pass/hold/reject labels as appropriate, report any non-conformances
- Carry out and record calibration checks on equipment
- Computer literate as will need to use ERP system, word, excel etc.
- Completing internal audits
The successful applicant will have a background in the food industry such as quality assurance, auditing, specification technologist, etc, or hold a relevant food based degree.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.