Our client is the UK's leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, they supply a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Operative to be based in Southall.
As a Production Operative you will be responsible for working as part of a team to undertake all activities to enable the preparation, assembly and packing of high quality products which comply with food safety standards and meet customer expectations.
- Ensuring raw ingredients meets the required standard
- Assemble products in accordance to the line specifications
- Follow relevant Work instructions, and Safe Operating procedures
- Adhere to all Company and site policies, and manufacturing procedures, informing production team leaders / managers or colleagues, where necessary of any issues
- To handle ingredients and equipment appropriately and for intended purpose
- To follow instructions to enable you to be competent in aspects of product assembly
- To participate in training courses as required
- Undertake any reasonable request which is within the capability and skill level for this role
We have a variety of shift patterns available for this role.
The ideal candidate
- Communication skills: basic conversational English: to be able to read written instructions and basic Numeracy skills
- Basic Food Hygiene skills
- Dexterity - able to perform various specified duties to standard
- Flexible and adaptable with a supportive attitude
- Experience of working in a chilled manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, circa £7.50 per hour per hour
- 28 Days days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Lunch
To be considered for this role then please email a cv to Tanya Lyons
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.