We are looking for a conscientious and hardworking individual. This is a busy working environment, and the successful candidate will be on their feet completing various tasks for the entirety of their shift. As onsite contractors, we are here to assist our client, so the successful candidate must be courteous and polite, and able to work as part of a team.
Salary and Shift pattern:
Salary: £9.00 per hour with the potential to increase with service and good performance
Shifts on a rotational basis 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday: 06.00 - 14.00 or 13.00 - 21.00
You will be expected to work on either a Saturday or Sunday on a rotational basis in addition to your contracted hours which will be paid at overtime rate time and a third: Saturday 06.00 - 12.00, Sunday 06.00 - 12.00
- To operate site forklift trucks and associated equipment safely and efficiently.
- Litter picking and general housekeeping duties
- Road sweeping (training will be given)
- Sorting and segregating site wastes
- To safely store hazardous wastes
- To prepare wastes for safe transit
- To load and unload palletised wastes on to internal and 3rd party haulier vehicles.
- Aid site operation through the sorting and moving of pallets around the site.
- To be responsible for the daily checks of forklift trucks and to report any defects or mechanical breakdowns as and when they arise.
- Ensure the safe use, operation, storage of plant used.
- To carry out any other duties which may be assigned by site management and ensure the site is operated to the standard required by site management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A qualified forklift truck operator with experience (diesel counterbalance)
- Knowledge and understanding of operational site Health & Safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team and with the general public
- Work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Reliable, punctual and customer orientated
- Conscientious and hardworking
For the right Candidate this is a great opportunity
Please send your CV
or call Sarah Gray on 0115 9416324
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.