Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues.
Position Available: Floating Support Worker x2 - Twickenham , £12 per hour, 2-3 months, Temporary, 37.5 hours per week
FS workers will receive cases via the referral and assessment workers and will insure that assessed needs are picked up and addressed effectively. Ongoing high quality and comprehensive needs & risk assessments will be drafted and reviewed by FS workers and & in conjunction with support assistants the FS worker will coordinate support interventions. All work undertaken will be in line with planned support, making sure that clients are actively involved and that the support offered is full and holistic. The aim of the service is to provide quick and responsive interventions that prevent tenancy breakdown, improves quality of life and promotes independence.
Risk Assessment and Management:
To produce comprehensive and high quality risk assessment and risk management plans on an ongoing basis for clients. To minimise risks to clients by identifying, reporting and following up any safeguarding concerns. To provide a comprehensive handover of risks to S/A or other professionals who may be involved with cases.
Arranging and carrying out formal case reviews. Reviews are client led and should predominately take place in the community. To complete full new needs assessments following case review including distance travelled points for each need, highlighting support actions to take forward. To carry a changing caseload of up to twenty five cases.
In partnership with the client and any significant others involved in their support, the FS I worker will translate assessed need into action plans that are SMART and give scope for progression.
Ensure that all recording processes are followed with regards to the referral process. In line with Client Contact recording policy and procedure, to record all client contacts appropriately and accurately on the In-form database. To contribute to effective service delivery and evaluation by ensuring all relevant files and recording systems are up to date and that key performance information is correctly recorded.
To work in partnership with other Depts and external community agencies in order that client needs are assessed and can be met. To take personal responsibility for a professional approach that enhances the reputation of the service at the project both internally and externally. Internally these depts should include Quality, HR, ETE and Finance. To work in partnership with staff including team managers and S/A's in the delivery of support.
To support individuals to work towards gaining greater independence through participation, at service and organisation level and within the wider community. To promote the projects internal feedback methods such as the complaints procedure and to respond positively to suggestions. To take personal responsibility for feeding back to colleagues/managers any information or comments that would contribute to ensuring the service is relevant and responsive.
Client use of time:
Work with clients to identify activities that they would like to take part in to prepare them for independence and move through & include in needs assessment and action plans. Also to ensure clients are assisted to access such activities internally/ externally. Take part in running activities or small groups in response to identified client needs or as part of a project wide programme of group work. To support clients that are ready to move into work, education or training by assisting them to access suitable courses or placements
- MUST HAVE floating or housing support experience and experience of supporting young people / adults, care leavers or clients with complex needs
- A level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as budgeting with clients, calculating benefit entitlements and understanding rent arrears.
- Experience of working in a client centred support service working with vulnerable people presenting significant levels of need and risk, with an ability to devise and deliver on action plans through high quality risk management and needs assessment.
- A demonstrable level of experience and understanding of the range of approaches appropriate to working with some or all of the needs listed:
Mental and Physical ill heath
Current drug and/or alcohol use
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients
- A good and current understanding of safeguarding issues and the ability to undertake comprehensive Risk assessments
- Able to evidence experience of delivering on the principles underlying a quality service, which is customer focused and also with a proven ability to empower clients.
- Ability to be self motivating as well as ability to evidence the ability to work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need and producing work of a high standard.
- A proven ability to manage high volumes of written work, keeping to timescales and maintaining quality.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.