One of the leading specialists in commercial vehicle rentals has a fantastic opportunity for a competent and professional Fleet Controller to join their team in the Leicestershire region.
You will be responsible for keeping to the service level agreements and promises made. You will ensure that you take preventative measures to keep the Fleet in the best possible order, whilst ensuring compliance is in-line with all current legislation and best practice. We are looking for somebody who will proactive in assisting managing a fleet of commercial vehicles, supporting the customers, driving operational excellence processes, supporting the culture of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be required
- To embrace the 'can do' culture.
- To be a collaborative worker, always seeking thoughts and opinions from both colleagues and customers, multi-tasking whilst under pressure will be essential.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, and experience of using in-house software systems.
- A keen eye for detail, with the ability to look ahead to avoid issues.
- Great planning and prioritising skills.
- Great communication and negotiation skills, to use both in-house and with external customers and suppliers - a keen commercial awareness is key.
Key experience required
- Recognised qualification in Automotive Inspection and Repair
- Experience in using Kerridge and/or R2C Compliancy Portal
- A transport manager CPC or experience in Fleet Management
- A background in automotive workshop service delivery
Roles and responsibilities
- Highlight specific issues to the Senior Fleet Controller, particularly with regard to fleet management issues, trends and maintenance costs.
- A good understanding of standard times for HGV repair jobs.
- The ability to challenge costs to contribute to a fleet savings culture.
- To participate in the rota system for Saturday mornings and on call cover (currently 1 in 5).
- Liaise with external repair agents on work carried out on fleet vehicles, using an effective order number process and exercising appropriate control over costs.
- Deal with any invoicing queries and ensure that order numbers are effectively closed down in a timely manner.
- Ensuring third party agents comply with the agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Managing compliancy data in line with the Company key performance indicators (KPIs) and legislation.
- Management of the Incident Response processes, ensuring timely updates are available to both the customers and colleagues, minimising 'vehicle off road time' (VOR).
- Accurately maintain and interrogate vehicle service history records, ensuring information collected is accurate, complete and relevant.
- To be receptive to training and participate in the department and improvements of our systems and procedures.
This role comes with a competitive salary also includes 20 days plus Bank Holidays annual leave.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday, with an occasional shift required on a Saturday morning (currently 1 in 5), which is done on a rota system.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.