Our client provides support to clients with a history of homelessness and rough sleeping across London.
Position Available: Finance Assistant - Twickenham, 2-3 months, 37.5 hours per week, £11.28 per hour
Responsibility for managing the day to day finances of the charity and supporting the Finance Director with other financial tasks as required.
To be responsible for managing all payments made by the company including payroll, staff expense, petty cash and external supplies
To be responsible for recording all income received by QHT; including Rent, housing benefit, service charges
- Financial Systems
Setting up a financial system on Quickbooks able to record income and expenditure, financial transactions and able to produce reconciliations and management reports.
- Management support and preparation of accounts
To ensure that the finance department operates in line with financial procedures, and that well organised financial records are maintained.
- Corporate Responsibilities
To support the workof the company through accurate and timely reporting, and by maintaining good relationships, both internal and external
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant or qualified by experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Accounting or bookkeeping ability
- Ability to use QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Ability to set up new systems
- Good working knowledge of Excel and ability to take initiative and design reports and information sheets to be presented to management
- Experience of preparing management accounts and annual accounts
- Understanding of how financial management supports wider organisational success.
- Understanding of financial management in the charity, public and/or voluntary sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present and explain financial information clearly to non-finance staff
- The ability to establish good working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
- Experience of Housing Benefit
- Experience of setting up a new accounting system for an organisation
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.