Are you a Service Engineer looking for a new Opportunity?
My client is an exclusive distributor of EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) products in the UK. EDM is a machining method used to machine any conductive materials including hard metals.
My clients customers benefit from lifetime ownership technical support which gives the company a competitive edge in the market place and also ensures maximum performance from customer's long-term investment.
Service Engineers Responsibilities and duties:
· Coordinate installation technical service and on occasions to provide product training to clients and more junior technicians on all machinery. Extensive travel to client premises required
· Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults
· Establish techniques to improve quality, durability and machine performance
· Evaluate application problems that can occur on-site where necessary
· Examine and advise customer regarding equipment malfunction and service issues
· Communicate with customer and internal management regarding technical analysis and determination
· Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for NADCAP audits
· Technical telephone support to the customer involving first line application problems
· Repair or modify P.C. boards / Carry out software updates
· Preparing specifications for materials to be used for technical support
· Document all work done in a legible and technically sound manner.
Service Engineers Skills Required:
· Relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
· Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics;
· Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting;
· Possess technical curiosity and ability to diagnose and solve production issues;
· Must be willing to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation;
· Be a team player and have a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required;
· Good technical communication skills beneficial in order to liaise with the head office engineers and less experienced technicians.
· Ability to produce technical reports.
· Experience in operating and fault finding on EDM machinery.
· Degree or equivalent in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
Private Health Insurance, company car, mobile, pension, 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
Field and office role. Up to 80% travel covering the UK and Ireland. Over nights stays often required.
The Head Office is in Coventry, which is relocating to Tournament Fields, Warwick in 2019.
Competitive Dependant on experience
If you are interested in the role of Service Engineer, please apply today!
Contact Charlotte Remnant for more.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.