Our client is one of the largest providers of the housing and support services. They support various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Facilities Team Leader - Housing and Support, South London (Organisation Wide), 37.5 hours, Permanent, £30kpa
To support the Health and Safety practice of the organisation by providing a coordinated and organised approach to compliance and maintenance across all buildings.
- Coordinating Health + Safety compliance to a high standard across maintenance operations and across sites.
- Controlling and coordinating the wider Facilities Management administration (technical manuals, service records and certificates).
- To monitor responsive maintenance volumes and works.
- Supervise and support the activity of all Facilities administrative staff ensuring all are aware of their responsibilities.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety, and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- To conduct Health + Safety audits of services and sites, ensuring that all legal and good practice requirements in this area are met.
- To ensure that Fire Risk assessments and Health + safety risk assessments are appropriately monitored and reviewed.
- To ensure that maintenance issues arising from Health + Safety audits are actioned and completed ensuring compliance.
- To ensure that the PYRAMID (on-line facilities management system) maintenance records are updated and accurate including all incoming maintenance requests as well as internal and external repair orders.
- Using PYRAMID and any other method of effective communication with staff and suppliers to schedule responsive repairs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction feedback is sought at the appropriate frequency and provide this information to the Facilities Area Manager monthly
- To ensure Health & Safety records are up to date, accurate and meet legal and operational requirements.
- To ensure reliability of all facilities equipment including maintaining compliance with appropriate codes of practice and legislation.
- Create and maintain the organisational COSHH Risk Assessment in line with legislation and local policy.
- Work in partnership with and support local service delivery teams to ensure collaborative working and strong communication. This may include briefing sessions and training.
- Maintain a customer focussed approach to service delivery.
- To carry out other reasonable duties required within the scope of your role as requested by the Facilities Area Manager.
- Experience of practical delivery of a maintenance or Health + Safety function.
- Experience of performing administrative tasks to a high standard.
- Experience of line management, or a willingness to develop these skills.
- A high standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- Technical understanding of repairs and maintenance.
- An understanding of and commitment to Diversity & Equality.
- An awareness of COSHH and associated legislation and practices.
- IOSH trained.
- An understanding of the needs of homeless and vulnerable people.
- Good communication skills both orally, written and electronic
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lead a high performing team that provides a service to customers and colleagues
- Having a methodical and organised approach to tasks and workload
- Able to maintain accurate paper and IT systems.
- A full UK driving licence with no more than 3 endorsements
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.