Facilities and Environment Manager
JOB PURPOSE : The core role of the Facilities and Environment Manager is to manage the businesses compliance with statutory Environmental obligations and to make sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of employees.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- To assist the QHSE Manager in organising, controlling and maintaining the management systems.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to and compliance of Environmental Permits, consents and current legislation.
- Provide support and advice to staff to achieve compliance with internal and external QHSE management systems.
- Assist development of and maintain Environmental documentation to identify and respond to emerging legislation relevant to site
- Support the QHSE team in ensuring business objectives are met and collate monthly environment KPI statistics.
- Conduct internal audits and manage external environment audits to ensure that all compliance is up to date and accreditation is maintained.
- Ensure that corrective actions from all audits are recorded, actioned and closed.
- Oversee all Facilities and Environmental issues, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to and communicated to relevant personnel.
- Complete Environmental incident investigation forms, conduct incident reviews and put in place appropriate preventative measures.
- Organise internal and external Environmental training of personnel.
- Manage the site Facilities Team.
- Manage the cleaning, waste disposal, site security, catering and building facilities to maintain the working environment.
- Manage any refurbishments, renovations and office moves to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan.
- Carry out duties as directed by your manager.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS :
- Time keeping and punctuality.
- Adherence to company's standards: BRC Packaging and Packaging Materials, ISO9001, PS9000, OHSAS18001, ISO14001, FSC and PEFC.
- Maintenance and upkeep of QHSE department files and records.
- Good housekeeping practices
TECHNICAL SKILLS/QUALS :
- IEMA / NEBOSH Environment (or equivalent).
- Internal audit trained.
- Experience within an FMCG environment (ideally food contact packaging).
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with QHSE standards.
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Experience managing a team
- Problem solving
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent influencing and consulting/communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and in teams
Hours of work 8.45am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Please contact Nicole Cooling for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.