An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Export Assistant to work in the commercial team as part of a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area. The role is currently offered on an initial 30-35 hour shift. This is likely to increase 40 hours a week, so flexibility to be able to work a full working week is essential.
The successful candidate will support the Export Sales Coordinator and will be responsible for in managing the day-to-day coordination of their Exports Division. You would be tasked with providing excellent customer service to existing customers, as well as responding to new customer enquiries.
Main duties/responsibilities are;
- Assist in processing all export orders received and resulting documentation requirements, confirm receipt of orders back to customers as required or requested.
- Maintain excellent customer service and by gaining feedback on price expectations, competitor activity, and new opportunities.
- Be fully conversant with Food hygiene Standards and evolving changes in legislations
- Ensure that all Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Technical, Purchasing, Production in order to maximise customer service.
- Maintain a high standard of time management and organisation in order to guarantee prompt responses to customer enquiries and requirements.
- Provide sales coordination and process sales orders for domestic customers as and when required.
If you have the passion and drive to understand, meet and exceed customer requirements then this could be the opportunity you're looking for.
It is essentially that you have experience in a food production environment and are well versed with health and safety processes. Possessing a formal health and safety qualification would provide a significant advantage.
Experience in a sales coordination or order processing role is essential, and Exports sales' experience is desirable but not essential.
A second language would be beneficial. (Especially useful are European languages and South Asian languages).
You will have excellent communication skills with the confidence to communicate at a variety of different levels, be target-driven and results-orientated. You will be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time and prioritise your tasks.
Salary will be in the region of £19k-£22k (FTE), company pension scheme, staff discounts.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.