A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced European Road Freight Operator to join an established and award winning provider of international logistics and freight services at their site in Stoke on Trent. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they continue to grow and develop their business.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service e delivery.
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers.
- Provide detailed costings and quotations for customers, comparing tariffs and ensuring the cost effective production of documentation for client perusal.
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe.
- Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported.
- Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by Transport and Warehouse staff as required.
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export / import documentation.
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport.
- Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the Operations team as required.
- Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meeting with manager.
- Learn and develop department Import/Export services.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Experience of pricing for products/services.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of factors affecting movement of freight.
- Able to use systems to input bookings, quotations, manifests and other information as required.
- Analyse information, produce reports.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Freight Forwarding trailer operations is required.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday working 37.5 hours per week. You will receive 29 days annual leave plus other benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.