Barker Ross are currently working on behalf of an Award-winning Commercial Landscaping, Earthworks and Grounds Maintenance Contractors who are recruiting for an Estimator based in Chesterfield. Required to work closely and build relationships with clients and suppliers, within the Earthworks, Civil Engineering and Construction sectors, to facilitate high quality, competitive and compliant tender submissions.
Reporting directly to the departmental Director this is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to take on a new challenge with a reputable and expanding organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of tenders received, pricing, preparation and return
- To obtain the best sub-contract and supplier prices
- To attend regular tender review meetings and create effective budgets and reports
- To provide appropriate breakdowns of tenders and create cost control sheets
- Maintaining effective communication with clients, suppliers and project management
- Manage the procurement of subcontract works including preparing sub contract documentation and attend pre-award meetings to ensure compliant quotations
- Periodical updates of project budget projections, reporting to the Earthworks Director
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Highly numerate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate with advanced skills in Microsoft excel, word and project
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work load and work with changing priorities
- Background in Civils, Earthworks and construction
- Understanding of various forms of contract and good commercial awareness
- Flexibility to travel across sites and with a full UK driving licence
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.